Wednesday, August 25, 2010

May Sunset - Carpinteria Oil Painting - 18x24

This is another large painting that I did for the show. I gave that awful panel another chance, I added another coat of gesso first, it helped a little, but I'm still not impressed.

This show was a great push for me. I usually view my small 6x6 paintings as like an oil sketch, and then if I really like the composition and colors then I can turn it into something larger. But the problem is I get distracted and have a folder of things "to paint larger", the show made me finally buckle down and do them.


Oil on panel, 18x24 inches
SOLD

and don't forget to enter my giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how doing shows really does push you! I always feel like if I gained nothing else from doing a show I definitely got a kick in the pants:)

    ReplyDelete