Saturday, December 24, 2011

Yesterday's News Press Article

In case you missed it: 


It's so encouraging that God keeps choosing to bless me this way.  Time and time again he opens doors that should be impossible, even when I feel like my art is terrible.  
It's enormously clear to me that nothing I do is by my own merit, skill, or talent.  It's only by God's blessing and grace that I'm able to make my living as an artist. 
There were so many times this past year where I took a step of faith (even just a little one!) and the day after I would get a call  with a new show opportunity, commission, news article, award, etc. Things that just shouldn't happen! 

I can't say that I learned how to be an awesome artist this year, but I can say my God is an awesome God. 

Merry Christmas everyone. 

2 comments:

  1. Sharon, I just want to tell you what a pleasure to read your comments in this post. I am finding the same to be true with my art, although you are way ahead of me in the quality of your work. I have been a silent admirer of yours for quite a while and held back from writing because I am so in awe of your work. Thanks for sharing your feelings and I hope you continue to have great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the honesty Sharon! Self doubt can be a good virtue as long it is tempered by a healthy self image.

    From Proverbs 3:
    Trust in the LORD with all your heart
    And do not lean on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,
    And He will make your paths straight.

    Looks like that trust stuff works!

    ReplyDelete