Friday, August 26, 2011

Eureka South Dakota II - Small Town Oil Painting - 6x12

It's been such a busy (and exciting) week.  Which explains why my postings have been a bit irregular.  With meetings and interviews and a new show going up I've gotten a little behind in actually photographing what I've been working on.  Hopefully I'll get back on track soon.  I'll have to! I just found out this week that I'll be having a solo exhibit at a gallery on State St. at the end of October (so much for relaxing a bit after a busy summer!).  

And the opening reception for my current show is tomorrow (Saturday, August 27) from 6-8 pm.  Please stop by if you can! I'd love to see you! Click here for more information about it. 


Oil on 2" cradled panel, 6x12 inches

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sharon, I stumbled across your paintings of Eureka while looking for other images of Eureka for the 125th anniversary celebration this coming summer. Are you a Eureka native? Just curious how you found these views... which are painted beautifully. Thank you -- Pat Grenz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat, I'm not a native, but my father in law is :) Wally Schock son of Verna L Schock. We were there a few summers ago for the fourth of July, ran the 5K, it was great!

    ReplyDelete