Monday, May 17, 2010

Carpinteria Campgrounds - Landscape Oil Painting - 6x6

I was walking by the campgrounds one morning and I couldn't believe how bright and beautiful the colors were! I usually like to exaggerate my colors, but this time I didn't even have to. I plan on doing a larger version of this tomorrow.


Oil on gessobord panel, 6x6 inches
SOLD

This morning I was worried that my paintings were too different (a thought I never expected, because landscapes and still life's aren't shocking). But maybe they're too bright, too small, too brushy, I don't know. But I like the work I'm doing right now, and I guess I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing than 100 people's ninth favorite thing.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the vivid color and boldness of your work. In fact I discovered you by researching paintings on etsy because I am starting my own store and am pretty much clueless about how to go about it. Your work stood out immediately for its vibrancy! I would love to add you as a link on my own blog if you don't mind. Take care and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Patricia! I love having an Etsy shop, if you need any help with yours I'd be glad to share any info I can!

    ReplyDelete